Technorati boss David Sifry provides some stats on the state of the blogosphere.
Among other things:-
– Technorati now tracks over 35.3 37.3 Million blogs
– The blogosphere is doubling in size every 6 months
– It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
– On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
– 19.4 million bloggers (55%) are still posting 3 months after their blogs are created
– Technorati tracks about 1.2 Million new blog posts each day, about 50,000 per hour
He also notes how much more international blogging is becoming.